SAGAG September General Meeting
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 - Online (Skype)
Diana Kersey, visual artist working in clay.
Visual Scavenger Hunt
Member are challenged to a visual Scavenger Hunt, more details below.
- 6:30 Networking & Using SKYPE
- 7:00 Quick Business Meeting
- 7:15 Guest Speaker - Diana Kersey
Diana will be speaking about the largest private commission of her career. "The Riparian Edge" was recently completed for the new Oxbow Building, on the corner of Broadway and Grayson, in San Antonio, Texas.
Diana has completed numerous public art projects, from small studio pieces to large architectural installations. Her public works have been commissioned by the City of San Antonio, VIA Metropolitan Transit, The San Antonio River Authority, and the City of Harlingen.
Kersey earned an MFA in ceramics from Washington State University in 1997, and a BFA in drawing from Texas Tech University in 1994. She serves on the faculty at Northwest Vista College and owns and operates Kersey Ceramics LLC.
Member are challenged to a visual Scavenger Hunt!
Before the Wednesday meeting, find the following items in Diana's work. Take a field trip to these public (or visible to the public art works). Can't get out take a virtual trip online.
Scavenger Hunt items:
Find these objects, animals, or insects in Diana's work. Make a list of where you saw the item and bring your list to the meeting.
- an amphibian
- a golf club
- golf ball and golf tees
- a bat
- red & yellow flowers
- orange & yellow flowers
- a totem
- a defender of the Alamo
- a trolley
- A variety of texas flowers
Locations of Diana's Work:
Please register if you wish to attend.The link to join the meeting using SKYPE will be included in your registration confirmation email.
SAGAG, like so many, is using online meetings as a way to stay connected and offering great new speakers. We'll continue to work on new opportunities for members and expand the website. Do you have ideas? Want to lend a hand? Speak up at our next meeting or email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org
About SKYPE and How to Join the meeting
· Join the meeting from the comfort of your own home on SKYPE. An Account is not necessary if you join from your desktop computer (PC or Mac). You can also join from a tablet or phone, but you will need a SKYPE account (free).
· Presentations and shared information may be difficult to see from a phone/tablet, so it’s recommended to join the meeting using your desktop computer.
· Register for the meeting and you'll receive a confirmation email with the SKYPE Meeting link.
· New to SKYPE, download this handy guide with information on Getting Started with SKYPE.